Holtec Government Services systematically integrates safety into management and work practices at all levels to ensure that corporate objectives are accomplished while protecting the workers, the public and the environment.
Personnel and Nuclear Safety
Holtec Government Services operates under Holtec International’s Nuclear Safety and Personnel Safety Programs.
This includes implementing the Guiding Principles of the DOE Order 450.2, Integrated Safety Management. Holtec’s manufacturing facilities follow the facility and programmatic safety requirements established in DOE Order 420.1C.
Holtec Government Services operates under Holtec International’s Quality Assurance Program. Holtec’s quality program has been approved to meet the requirements of 10CFR50 Appendix B, 10CFR71 Subpart H, ASME Section III NCA-3800, NQA-1 and ISO-9001. This program is also guided by DOE Order 414.1D which sets down the overarching requirements for a government-compliant quality assurance system. Our procedures have been derived from a number of authoritative sources such as:
- MIL-Q-9858 with QRC82 Quality System Specification
- MIL-I-45208 with ISR1 Inspection System Specification
- MIL-STD-248 Welding and Brazing Performance Qualification
- MIL-STD-271 Requirements for Nondestructive Testing Methods
- MIL-STD-278 Welding and Casting
- NAVSEA 250-1500 Welding Specification
- ASME Section III Division 1 & 3
- ASME Section VIII Division 1, 2 & 3
- ASME Section III Ferrous & New Ferrous Material Organization
- ASME Section V
- ASME Section IX
- ISO 9001