Skip to content
- To ensure the correct loading of boron carbide is achieved in Metamic HT two independent analysis are performed.
- Wet chemistry analysis is performed on each billet of Metamic HT, records and archival samples are maintained of each analysis.
- Neutron attenuation testing is performed upon each lot of Metamic HT, boron carbide content is then derived from B-10 areal density.
- To ensure reliability of testing, neutron attenuation testing can be performed at 3 university reactors.
- Rhode Island Nuclear Science Center
- University of Maryland
- Penn State University