Starting with just a few craftsmen in a small corner of the Light Manufacturing Plant in the summer of 2016, the Advanced Manufacturing Division (AMD) has blossomed into a substantial operation with significant growth projected through this year.
Above: Vent assemblies, fuel spacers, and HI-STORM work platforms manufactured at Holtec’s Advanced Manufacturing Division in Camden.
Our new recruits are being instilled with Holtec’s vaunted corporate culture of safety and quality as they undergo training to sharpen their trade skills and knowledge of manufacturing processes. The milestones listed below chronicle AMD’s progress achieved in the past year:
- In March 2016, the first Camden Welders were hired.
- The first welding in Camden was completed in August 2016.
- The Advanced Manufacturing Division implemented the Holtec Quality Assurance Program in Camden. An exhaustive internal Quality Assurance Audit was conducted in October 2016 including reviewing production procedures, certifications, systems, training, and material controls.
- A Holtec client performed a successful Quality Assurance audit in November 2016.
- In December 2016, AMD shipped our first nuclear production parts.
- The installation of 10 major machines is underway, concurrent with the hiring and training of their operators.
- In March, important manufacturing capabilities, such as laser cutting and plate rolling, were commissioned to support continued hiring and increasing production rates.
- Hiring, training, and rapid expansion of operations are expected through the balance of 2017.